Summer Camps

This summer both kids had the chance to go to some fun camps.  Grant had a Cub Scout camp where he spent the day having a blast shooting a bb gun, archery, pop bottle rockets, crafts and a skit.  



Haley had her first sleep away camp!  She went to our church's Girls Camp for a whole week and loved it!  I have to admit it was kinda weird not having her around, or really having any contact with her (they don't allow them to bring cell phones) but I had mom friends that were there text me throughout the week so I knew she was doing great.  I was so happy for her!  We have such a great girls camp here and she was in good hands.  





There were lots of other girls at camp...I just didn't get any pictures of them.  Haha!  Haley loved staying up late, bonding with her friends, not having parents to boss her around, and not having to shower regularly!

This summer I also signed both kids up for a week long day camp that is run by the city.  It is a jam packed day, full of capture the flag, canoeing, swimming, archery, crafts etc.  I was surprised to find that Haley loved it (and had friends there she knew) and Grant hated it.  It was completely opposite of  how I thought it would go!  I kept thinking Grant would love it more the next day...but nope...he just hated it worse.  I think he would have been fine if he had a buddy or clicked better with the kids.  Oh well.  He survived the week and now I know to scratch that off the list for next summer.  

This summer was full of trips, camps, and swimming!  It was a great time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive