Knee Surgery
He was extremely hesitant to have surgery and was super nervous. I honestly think he would have limped around in pain for who knows how long if it wasn't for Dr. Mary Ireland, a wonderful friend/collaborator and amazing knee surgeon talking him into surgery and explaining that it would only keep tearing and getting worse.
Dr. Ireland worked her magic and fixed him up! She ended up taking out 25% of his meniscus and a small cyst. After surgery when Brian was still all loopy he said to her "I know I'm high as a kite, but right now I really love you Dr. Ireland." Haha. In the following months, he has made a complete recovery and is so glad he had the surgery.
Here is a picture of the tear from surgery that she removed.
There was lots of icing and elevating going on that first week.
Nice shaved leg!
This blog post would not be complete without me sharing how lame of a wife I am. I was in charge of taking him down early in the morning for surgery, and staying with him until it was over. The night before his surgery I woke up nauseous, but went back to bed after throwing up a little. I though it was just a fluke. I felt okay when I drove him to the hospital at 5 am, but started to feel more and more nauseous again after he got checked in. I decided to run home quick for some pepto but before I even made it out of the hospital things got bad in a hurry! I ran to the nearest bathroom and then proceeded to vomit all over the place. I tried to make it to the trash or toilet, but lets just say not all of it made it to the destination. Ewww! There was one lady in a stall who unfortunately heard all of this and after I locked myself in a stall she bolted pretty quickly. haha.
After cleaning things up as best as I could I drove home, drank some pepto, took a half hour nap and went back to the hospital. I made it back before his surgery was done, and as soon as they told me that the surgery went well I was fine and didn't have any other tummy issues! I am such a sally! I felt horrible leaving Brian before surgery all alone like that. I have such a bad track history of anything involving surgeries, blood or hospitals. I guess I must have just been super, super nervous for him without realizing it! At least I did fine getting him home and taking good care of him, right? As much as I deny it, health care and me are not meant to be. Thank goodness for amazing nurses and doctors who can handle all of it!




Comments