Thanksgiving
We hosted Thanksgiving again at our house this year and it was so nice to spend time with family. Since my parents moved here over 2 years ago, we haven't had many house guests - they all have stayed at my parents new house! But, this time, my sister and her family stayed with us and it was nice to spend more time together.
The kids had fun trying out the new Wii U.
The kids had fun trying out the new Wii U.
Dinner was yummy, as usual, and so nice to split the making of the meal with my parents!
We toured Ashland, the Henry Clay estate, that Grandma volunteers at. Each tour guide is so neat and different that I am able to learn new things. Haley must have locked her legs standing so much and got white as a ghost and nauseous, so I took her outside and had her sit at the end of the tour and watch the little movie they play in a chair. Thank goodness we caught it before she totally passed out!
Although I don't have pictures, my favorite part of the day was playing laser tag at Malibu Jacks. They had free laser tag on black Friday so we headed over and all went in, even my parents. I got such a kick out of watching my parents play for the first time. So fun! We also saw a movie (we saw Moana, and the Koester's saw Fantastic Beasts.) The kids and I absolutely loved Moana and have been enjoying the soundtrack on spotify since then.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Brian and I ran a 10K at the Kentucky Horse Park. It was super fun and we ran together. I was faster than I thought I would be and ran 8 1/2 minute miles the whole 6 miles, which is a PR for me. It was chilly, but so fun to race together again.
Although I loved this sign, we actually crossed the finish line hand in hand and truth be told, I'm sure Brian could have beat me in this race if he hadn't run with me. We had a great morning running date together and would love to run this race again next year!









Comments