The Dogritto

Today I invented something special.  It is so special I have named it The Dogritto.  Some like to come home to a nice meal after church, but since I forgot to get the chicken in the crock pot, we came home to whatever we had in our fridge.  Did I mention I need to go food shopping?  The kids had soft pretzels and apples.  Check.  Brian ate whatever he could scrounge up.  Check.  And I invented a hot dog rolled up in a tortilla with mustard and relish spread on the inside...hence the name Dogritto.  Brian was repulsed by The Dogritto, but it actually wasn't that bad.  Not that it will make my book of amazing recipes, but hey - it's tolerable.  I had to refrain from posting a step-by-step blog post with descriptive pictures of how to make your own Dogritto.  But seriously, wouldn't that be funny?  So, let it be known if anyone starts a Dogritto business - you heard it here first, and I want royalties.  What wierd food creations have you made lately?

Comments

Ashlee said…
Love the name and hoestly, it sounds pretty tastey to me:)I swear some of the best recipes come from desperation! Hence tomatoe gravy (1 of my family favorites).
Anonymous said…
I also was out of everything and had to figure out what to make for lunch today. I fed them oatmeal. for lunch. didn't go over well.
That's hilarious. Your day sounds like my week. :) I got home from a 2-week trip and didn't feel like making actual meals from recipes. I bought milk, bread, fresh fruit, and fresh veggies, and I'm just makin' the best of it. ;)
Amy said…
A blog tutorial would be fabulous for the Dogritto!! I can just picture it. :)

Hey--we do "fend for yourself" Sunday evenings like mom used to do. I make one meal on Sunday, and in the evening you get to fend for yourself. Sometimes Aaron gets creative in the kitchen. I'll have to suggest the dogritto.

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan