Haley's 7th Birthday Bash!

Last Saturday Haley had a Zoo Party for her 7th birthday.  It was a blast!

We had crafts...
We had games...
We had pizza and cake...



and presents!
...and two silly monkeys.

It was a great way to spend the last Saturday before school!  This Monday we'll do our family dinner celebration on her actual birthday and experience Gattitown for the first time ever.  I have a feeling she'll love it! 

So, the other week as I'm handing out her weekly $2 allowance she came up with the amazing idea of getting $7 for her birthday week allowance since she is turning 7.  I had to laugh because it is totally something I would have done as a kid - complete with a whole presentation on how and why it should be so (I can do a mean sales pitch...)  So, figuring this could eventually bend to my favor (imagine "Happy 16th Haley!  Here's $16!")  I decided why not!  Why not give my daughter a 350% raise in allowance for a week?  Needless to say she's been counting down the hours until her birthday for her amazing $7 to put in her little wallet and squirrel away for who knows what! 

Happy 7th, to my not-so-little Haley!

Comments

What a fun birthday party. The games and crafts are so cute, and the cakes are adorable!! I bet she had a great time!! Seven is a good age. I am struggling to come up with a birthday party theme for my almost-10-year-old that is actually ACCEPTABLE to her! ha And I love Haley's $7 idea--that is too cute. I'd love to have heard her "presentation." :)
Ashlee said…
Those cakes are adorable! Whata fun party. Happy be-lated birthday Haley!
Angela said…
Thanks! I had fun making them.
angela said…
Looks like the party was a hit! Happy Birthday Haley! You totally scored on the week allowance. I hope it continues even when she's married... :-)
Anonymous said…
Love the $7 idea! Haley totally takes after her mother on this. I remember that Angela could figure the tax on a purchase by the time she was 4!
Amy said…
Ooo--that Haley really takes after you, doesn't she?? That's hilarious what mom said.

What a good party you put together. I love the cakes, and the craft, and the masks. What a good mom.

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan