Coming Home
We left our mountain paradise Saturday for the trek home. I70 though Utah and Colorado is super beautiful! We made great time and camped in Limon, Colorado our first night and opted for a hotel in Independence, Missouri our second night since it was 95 degrees and we were road weary.
Kansas is tough to get through, but we found it's main redeeming factor - Freddy's. We ate at this place on the drive out and back and fell in love. It is yummy custard like Nielsons in SLC, and I learned that custard is creamier than ice cream because it has more eggs and the process it is made takes out the extra air, unlike ice cream. I am a major fan of frozen custard. AND, the best news?? They are expanding and are coming soon to Lexington and Louisville. Joy!!
The kids killed time playing with Fluffels and Midnight,
watching movies and playing the ipad,
and sleeping.
Brian found this gem and it was a great way to spend time in the car. We spent a hour or so most days on the road answering questions.
I know it is odd, but I have to give a shout out to our water bottles. Those that know me well know that I have a long standing water bottle obsession. I have had my favorites over the years, but these babies win the grand prize. They kept ice in them forever - as in same ice over 2 days. They were a gift from Brian's parents a while back and we are believers. Ice is coveted when camping!
We added 5 new smooshed pennies to our collection and many more magnets.
It was a great trip and the kids were great! You know when Haley askes how much longer before we camp and we say "4-5 hours" and she says "oh, that's not bad!" we've created a road warrior. Makes me smile :)
Comments
Cara