The Grand Canyon
Here we are at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in Arizona. Breathtaking!!
I think now is a good time to give my dad an apology for climbing all over the place and scaring the living day lights out of him when we came here when I was about 14. I guess it takes being a parent to truly realize how scary that place is, and the thought of your kid falling a mile down is horrifying! Stick to the path!!
Doesn't Brian look happy enjoying his sundae at Three Bears in Kanab? I love Kanab - it is such a pretty and cute little town.
On our way back from the Grand Canyon, we ventured off Hwy 89 to check out Coral Pink Sand Dune State Park. It was so worth it! They reminded me of the dunes outside of Rexburg, Idaho, only coral colored. We had a blast running all over the place and "skiing" down the dunes.
I have to admit that this was the hardest workout of the whole trip - much harder than any of the hikes. That sand running is no joke!
On a side note, Kentucky has really represented this trip. We've seen people wearing their Kentucky t-shirts in almost every single park we've gone to. Even Strawberry Point where the only other people there were 2 guys on ATV's wearing Kentucky t-shirts. I guess it really is the Big Blue Nation!
Comments
Cara