The Home Stretch

On our final day of driving we got off the highway at Sego Canyon in Utah.  It was a very unassuming exit, mainly an old train town - but up the canyon we saw some pretty neat stuff.  Here are petroglyphs that date back to 600 AD.  
Aren't they cool?

I couldn't resist this photo...perhaps the artist was drawing his own family!
Further up the canyon was an old ghost town!  It was so awesome to explore!!  I guess it was an old coal mine that was abandoned in the 1930's. 



We seriously could have spent the rest of the day exploring all the different canyons up here.  I love finds like this! 

After Sego Canyon we made the final push to Duck Creek Village where we will stay the week with Brian's parents and sister Jenny exploring more of southern Utah.  The "real" vacation has just begun and if it is anything as fun as the last 4 days we are in for a real treat!  I love roadtrips!!!!

Comments

Ashlee said…
That looks amazing!!! You've almost convinced me to drive cross country this summer. Glad it's working out so well. Have fun in Utah!
Anonymous said…
What a fun ghost town and petroglyphs! What an adventure you all are having!
Andee said…
Those petroglyph's were amazing! Great find! And have fun exploring Utah! Can't wait to see the blog of how it all went!
Ooo, I love the petroglyphs! Cool. Can't wait to see the rest of your adventures.

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan