Nashville

Brian goes to Vanderbilt University a few times a year for work and we finally got the chance to tag along.  We stopped in Bowling Green Kentucky on our way to check out the big sink hole in the National Corvette Museum.  It was actually pretty cool, but so sad for the cars that fell in!  I read in the paper that they have to fill it in for insurance purposes so I'm glad we got a chance to see it.


We wandered through the Opryland Hotel.  That place is crazy huge and super nice.

 Right across the street from Vanderbilt is the worlds only full scale replica of the Parthenon in ancient Greece.  We went to walk around it since we could see it from our hotel room and decided it was so cool we had to go inside.

 Inside is a seriously big statue of Athena.  You can see just how big she is by comparing how small Brian and Grant look.  



 I sometimes get sucked into the American Pickers show, so I thought it would be fun to go check out their Nashville store and see where all their stuff they buy ends up.  It was in a cool old car factory building that was full of hipster type shops and hipster type people.  We fit right in.  haha.  The store was so much cooler than I expected.  It was small, but I loved how everything was displayed and the cool vibe inside.  I'm glad we went.


 Swimming in the pool was a hit, as always.
 The next day while Brian met with his colleagues I drove around downtown and then took the kiddos to the science museum.  We stayed there for a good 6 hours until we had to get Brian, which went fairly quickly.
 By far, the hit of the place was the simulated space walk.  The kids loved it, and had I not been wearing a skirt I would have given it a go too.  You had to wait 30 minutes before going again and literally every 30 minutes for all 6 hours we were back in line. 





 My favorite was this laser shooting game.  It kept track of your points so naturally I tried to beat out the kids.   

We drove home that night.  It's amazing that one night away can feel like such a getaway!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a difference a couple of days away makes!
How totally fun!!!! You guys find such amazing stuff! What a great trip.

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive