Snowmageddon
I seriously loved last week. It was heaven! I even had bronchitis and I still loved it! On Sunday night a mega storm rolled our way and shut down the town for a solid week. It was the most snow we've gotten in 15 years and the coldest temperatures in 20 years. It was epic! We love this stuff.
I didn't know it at the time, but our family seriously needed a week to be snowed in. It was such a blessing! Even the University was closed 4 days and so Brian worked from home most days. I think all of us (especially Brian) had been going on all cylinders for the past 6 months and we were all worn out without even realizing it. This week gave us a all a chance to chill out, get lots of sleep, read, play, cook and eat together, and play in all of that awesome snow!
By the end of the week we felt totally rejuvenated, healthy, relaxed and closer than before. We were all ready to get back on a regular schedule the new week, but that had to have been the best unexpected staycation I've ever had! Thank you mother nature!
Brian built another epic snow igloo. This one was huge - with 2 entrances and a back porch. I could have fit in there too. But at this point I only ventured outdoors to take pictures and then go back inside an cough out my lungs.
This guy loves snow even more than me. He and his church buddies shoveled out 20 driveways and sidewalks in one night. Then he spent the next day digging out all the cars that were stuck on our road and helping neighbors do their driveways. At one point the whole cul-de-sac was out shoveling the road to get in and out. He loves to shovel!
By the end of the week, I was feeling better (thank goodness for antibiotics!) and felt up for a snow walk. It was so pretty outside. I just love snow walks, especially at night.














Comments